Measuring for Screens
Please print these instructions out for easy reference while you measure your screens.
Directions for Measuring For Screen Doors
That Attach To Exterior Companionway Trim
To build this screen door set, we need five (5) measurements:
1) Width of opening at bottom of companionway not including the depth of the channel or track that holds the dropboards. Measure this width from side to side without going inside the tracks.
2) Width of opening at top of companionway not including the depth of the channel or track that holds the dropboards. Measure this width from side to side without going inside the tracks at the exact location where the top companionway slider crosses the vertical companionway.
3) Total height of the companionway from bridgedeck to the bottom edge of the sliding companionway top. Measure from port and starboard corner and at the center as companionways are frequently slightly tilted.
4) Width of fascia or trim piece to which the door hinge-blocks will be attached.
5) Bevel angle at the top and bottom of the companionway opening, if any. To obtain the bevel angles, you can either measure the bevels on the top and bottom dropboard or simply place them on edge and trace an outline. We will determine the angles from the tracing.
* If there is curvature to any part of the companionway opening, we will also need an outline tracing of the boards so we may match the exact shape.